Oculus exclusive ARKTIKA.1 from the the creators of Metro 2033 to launch just in time for OC4
With Oculus Connect 4 right around the corner I have to deliver the great news that the CatsAndVR OC3 Game Of The Show ARKTIKA.1 is also right around the corner from 4A Games the company best known for developing the critically aclaimed Metro video game franchise.
In ARKTIKA.1, barbaric raiders and mutated cannibals push humanity to the brink during the Great Freeze, a man-made ice age . Survival is far from guaranteed – and only customizable weaponry and tactical thinking stand between you and a very cold grave. From the creators of Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, and Metro Redux comes a new vision of the apocalypse. ARKTIKA.1 is a highly immersive, action-packed, first-person shooter designed exclusively for Oculus Touch.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
Nearly a century into the future – in the aftermath of a silent apocalypse – Earth has entered a new Ice Age known as the Great Freeze. Only the equatorial regions remain habitable, yet pockets of humanity still manage to survive in small numbers all over the planet. These regions of civilization sit on resource-rich, highly desirable territories to the north and south. As a mercenary hired by Citadel Security, you must protect one of the last colonies in the wastelands of old Russia from violent raiders, marauders, and horrifying creatures. ARKTIKA.1 is powered by the acclaimed 4A Engine and was built from the ground up for Oculus Touch. With breathtaking detail and superior shooting mechanics, ARKTIKA.1 is on a fast course to redefine the scope and graphical fidelity of VR first-person shooters.
* Immersive FPS action with full-body shooting mechanics.
* Engaging combat featuring unique abilities such as touch, dodge and hide.
* Some of the most impressive visuals ever seen in VR, thanks to the 4A Engine.
* Intuitive controls for natural, realistic gameplay.
* Atmospheric settings with a blend of post-apocalyptic and futuristic environments.
* Advanced weapons with plenty of customization choices to suit your personal playstyle.
* Visceral challenge with finely-tuned difficulty balance.
* Deep, immersive storyline.
* Available initially in English, Russian, and Ukrainian.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
ARKTIKA.1 is set to arrive on October 10 and will be compatible with Oculus Touch. The game can be pre-ordered for $26.99 – 10% off the retail price.