Looking for the perfect New Year Resolution for the the VR fan/Gamer in you. Enter the Finally Finish Something Game Jam
In 2017 I was able to be part of the awesome Oculus LaunchPad program. That was one of my favorite accomplishments that year. catsandvr.com/blog/oculusblog1
One of my biggest disappointments was not finishing the game to a point I liked. Well to make up for that I have decided to make a New Years resolution to finish the game. To my surprise, there is actually a game jam dedicated to this.
Finally Finish Something is a new year's resolution game jam, running for the whole of January. It's designed to help you finally finish a project you've been working on or thinking about for a long time, and the rules are very relaxed.
This jam is all about giving you a reason to finish those stubborn projects, so the rules are very relaxed:
- Submit any type of game by the end of January 2018, just get that game finished.
- In fact, your project doesn't even need to be a game. Tools, screensavers and printable board games are all welcome
- Use any tools you want, there are no restrictions and nothing stopping you
- It doesn't matter how much work you've already put into the project, use this as the motivation for that final push
- Work alone or in teams, get help from whoever you need
- Use any assets that you're legally allowed to use, there are plenty of resources out there if you're struggling for graphics or music.
Read more about the Finally Finish Something jam here.
There's only 1 thing that's not really in the spirit of the jam - submitting a fully completed game. If you finished a long-running game in December, then that's OK , but if you completed something 6 months ago and just want to use this as promotion, then that's not really why this exists here.