Multiplayer zany racing game ‘Sprint Vector’ on PC VR Feb 8th, Feb 13th for PSVR
Survios, a global leader in virtual reality development and publishing, today announced that the studio’s second title, the hotly anticipated multiplayer adrenaline platformer Sprint Vector, will launch on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on February 8, followed by PlayStation VR on February 13.
In Sprint Vector, up to eight players compete simultaneously in a high stakes, high-octane intergalactic game show created by media mastermind Mr. Entertainment. As the show’s dynamic athletic personalities—the fastest sprinters “recruited” from across the universe—players must navigate colorful but deadly obstacle courses full of twists, turns, traps, boosts, power-ups, shortcuts, and platforming elements.
Sprint Vector takes advantage of Survios’ groundbreaking and proprietary Fluid Locomotion™ system, an intuitive and comfortable method for achieving breakneck speed and mobility in VR with minimal to no discomfort. Players achieve speed by pumping their arms, similar to a runner’s movement, and turning their heads to steer. Further controls allow racers to jump, climb, drift, fling, and fly at frenetic speeds.
Further Sprint Vector features include:
- *Competitive multiplayer matches: Public and private online multiplayer modes pit up to eight players against each other in intense, high-speed races as you vie for a spot on the Global Leaderboards.
- *12 competitive race tracks: Scale towering pyramids and plunge into alien ruins, leap across bottomless pits while dodging debilitating blobs of sludge, or survive the trap-riddled streets of an ancient city. A dozen complex race courses full of obstacles, alternate paths, and game-changing power-ups make for endless replay value.
- *Customizable solo play: Run the course at your own pace and learn the ropes with customizable solo game settings.
- *Nine challenge courses: Take on these diabolical courses designed to test your sprinting prowess to the extreme. Tackle three specific challenges across nine single-player challenge courses with Local and Global Leaderboards.
- *Eight intergalactic competitors: Choose from eight colorful characters pulled from every corner of the galaxy, from notorious street artist Daxx to ethereal Luna to streetwise hammerhead Hendrix, each with multiple skins to unlock.
- *Power-ups galore: Utilize a wide range of power-ups, from explosive proximity mines to nitro speed and racer-seeking rockets, to gain an advantage over the competition.
At launch, the Sprint Vector Championship Intergalactica Winter Games cosmetic skins pack will be available to all PC racers free of charge. Arriving just in time for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, these international-inspired skins represent 16 countries and are available across all eight playable characters.
Ideal for VR eSports, Sprint Vector made its debut as a spectator-worthy eSport at CES 2018 with the Alienware VR Cup Championship, and aspiring competitors can sprint to glory at home, at VR arcades, and in the numerous national and global challenges Survios will offer.