Destiny-esq VR bullet hell shooter "Evasion" to get PSVR and Aim controller support
Last October I had my first hands on with Archiact's upcoming bullet hell FPS Evasion. Evasion is an intense VR Bullet Hell game designed to immerse players in high intensity co-op multiplayer combat. Designed from the ground up as a VR FPS action game, Evasion has some of the best VR locomotion that I have encountered in a game.
During GDC Evasion VR gave me the opportunity to try the Vive Pro and I can away even more impressed. Now I am happy to say my excitement for Evasion VR grows even more with the announcement of it coming to PSVR with Aim support. Evasion conjures Destiny for me with the art style and it also does an excellent job of creating the level of gameplay that is known from that franchise. Recently I wrote about how much I loved Doom VFR due to the Aim support and feel that I may love Evasion on PSVR even more.
In Evasion you fight against crushing odds in a desperate battle that will take you from the surface of an alien moon to deep inside a chloragen mine. No matter what your preferred play style, there’s a class for you. Enjoy charging into battle with guns blazing? The heavily armored Warden or the deadly Striker are a perfect fit! Prefer hanging back and providing support for your fellow players? Play as a Surgeon or an Engineer, who can use their Tether Links to heal damage and bolster their allies weapons.
● Action-filled Campaign Mode for Solo play or 2 Player Team Co-op
● Built for authentic FPS locomotion for the most realistic VR combat experience with
balanced options to support player comfort
● Powerfully immersive gunplay when paired with the PlayStation AIM Controller
● Full body avatar animations powered by IKinema for real team interactions.
● Replayable ‘Survival Mode’ designed for teams to take on more intense challenges.
● Co-op gameplay enhanced with a suite of unique class abilities
● Spectacular UE4 visuals & 3D Spatial Audio brings combat to life
● A legion of fearsome enemies powered by proprietary Swarm A.I.