The Exorcist: Legion VR Comes To Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on Black Friday
Fun Train and Wolf & Wood bring The Exorcist horror franchise to virtual reality with The Exorcist: Legion VR. Based on the events of The Exorcist III, players experience a stand-alone story untold in the movies across five chapters. Chapter 1: First Rites and Chapter 2: Idle Hands are expected out November 22nd, with the rest following soon after. First Rites will launch at $3.99 for the first week during Black Friday, making it a 20% discount off the normal experience, with Idle Hands available at $4.99.
A variety of demons have returned to our world just as Pazuzu (the main demon from The Exorcist franchise) promised. Follow in the shoes of a detective in Chapter 1 as they uncover strange details behind the grisly murder of a priest. Each subsequent Chapter takes the player further in the journey as they assume the role of a detective investigating the demonic entities lurking in the shadows, culminating in a satisfying ending for any fan of the franchise.
- Five stand-alone episodic chapters that come together for a truly cinematic end.
- Don’t just play the movies, live a whole new story experience in full VR!
- Step into the shoes of an exorcist to confront ancient forces of evil when everything is at stake!
- Discover an intricate story filled with mystery and peril.
- Choose between HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headsets via SteamVR or purchase directly from the Oculus Store for an experience unlike any other.
- Switch between both free roam and teleport locomotion to have full control over your experience.
- Play using room scale, standing, or even seated.
- Utilize a menu consisting of a cellphone, an exorcism kit, among other important items found during the journey.
- Unique items found throughout the stories are collected in your evidence room to be evaluated at a later time.
- Chapters can be replayed at any time, enabling users to discover hidden story content, special achievements and easter eggs.
- Chapter 1 and 2 will be out for PCs concurrently on November 22nd on Oculus Store and SteamVR, with a later release on Viveport and Playstation Network Store.
“This franchise deserves to be done right and the only way to have a truly definitive experience for such a story is in virtual reality,” said Douglas Nabors, CEO of Fun Train. “Playing a non-VR horror game is one thing when you’re safely behind a monitor. But, when you’re living the horror up close and personal, The Exorcist: Legion VR will resonate with you for years to come.”
Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1318587074930260/
About Fun Train
Fun Train is a virtual reality publisher that focuses on interactive narrative from established cinematic franchises. The Company is currently in development on a number of crowd-pleasing premium titles.
About Wolf & Wood
Wolf & Wood is a UK-based development team known for their atmospheric, standout hit, A Chair In A Room: Greenwater. Named “Best Horror Experience of 2016” by UploadVR and winner of the 2017 Viveport Community Choice Award, Wolf & Wood are expected to have their next success in The Exorcist: Legion VR.
More information can be found at www.exorcistlegion.com